WING KEI - A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Wing Kei is an innovative, resourceful provider of culturally-appropriate seniors care in Calgary. We are proud of the care we provide: we are among the top in the province for health quality indicators and have received exemplary standing from Accreditation Canada, most recently scoring 100% in our accreditation assessment. Our employees drive our success. In our last employee survey, over 95% of respondents indicated they are satisfied working at Wing Kei.
Since opening in 2005, we have flourished with the loyal support of a like-minded community of government, funders, partners, and donors. Our high-in-demand services include long term care, supportive living, and an adult day program. We credit our staff and volunteers for compassionate and individualized support for seniors through health and living care and most recently, for children and their families through our new Montessori School. We are growing! With excitement and anticipation, we continue to evolve and improve our services to meet our community’s increasing demands.
We are a Christian, not-for-profit charitable organization that exists to create nurturing communities where seniors and children in our programs can find social connection, emotional fulfilment, independence, and safety. We extend this same care to employees encouraging them to thrive personally and professionally.
As a senior leader, you model our values and coach teams and individuals to excel, consistently demonstrating integrity, collaboration, and resourcefulness. You help your colleagues and teams understand how their work contributes to Wing Kei’s mission and strategic priorities. As well, you will support the CEO to report to the Board of Directors on advancing strategic priorities, actualizing business development plans, and promoting sustainability.
Your scope of responsibilities is diverse and multi-functional: Finance, Risk Management, Fund Development and Community Relations, and Information Technology; each valued for their contributions to our strategic objectives. Details follow:
All Wing Kei leaders are accountable for their personal integrity and effectiveness, grounding goals and objectives in our core values.
- Strategy and mission facilitation—evaluates priorities and makes decisions based on our strategic plans ad organizational mission; engages stakeholders, works closely with the CEO to build strong, cohesive, reciprocal partnerships with government and funders
- Financial management and reporting—leads all strategies, plans, and operations related to stewarding financial resources wisely; ongoing alertness to any relevant standards or external budget changes that may impact Wing Kei operations. This may include developing, implementing and evaluating financial plans, establishing and improving related policies and practices; meeting all compliance and audit requirements; reporting to the CEO and Board; conducting financial analysis or projections related to operations and expansion plans
- Legal and Risk management—ensures organizational risk is minimized including proactively managing legislative or accreditation compliance, financial viability, organizational reputation, workplace safety, emergency preparedness, and cyber security
- Fund development and Donations accounting—oversees philanthropy approach and activities including maximizing opportunities to generate donations and community engagement
- Information technology (IT)—manages IT team mandate for information security and compliance, effectively providing technology support for operations
- Organizational effectiveness—models effective self and team management; leads and provides expertise in own scope of responsibilities; champions collaboration and strategic alignment in teams
THE INDIVIDUAL WHO WILL SUCCEED
- Is aligned with Wing Kei’s vision and mission
- Master’s degree in Business Administration (M.B.A.) or Accounting Designation; equivalencies considered
- Minimum 7 years of progressive leadership experience, demonstrating own growth through increasing complexity and strategic focus of scope
- Leadership experience in finance and risk management required; hands-on experience managing Finance in a growing organization preferred
- Stays organized and positive through the challenges of managing a multi-functional team
- Is reliable, self-motivated and proactive in a fast-paced workplace
- Flexible with work schedule if in-person support at fund development events is required
- Communicates well and possesses an engaging presentation style
- Within the not-for-profit context, is passionate about connecting donors and partners with a worthwhile mission in the community
- Exhibits consistent problem solving ability, track record in resourcefulness and stewardship
- Shows sound judgment and consistently behaves in a professional manner
- Works well with interdisciplinary teams
- Knowledge of Chinese-Canadian culture, fluency in Chinese would be an asset