Wing Kei has a network of donors and community volunteers for which we are very grateful. Under the direction of our Chief Financial Officer, or designate, this is a unique position in which you will focus on building relationships with existing donors and implement strategies to widen our community of supporters. Your priorities are to maximize Wing Kei‘s fundraising outcomes, build systems and processes to support fund development and community relations, as well as events including coordination, planning, and implementation.
• Demonstrate, promote and advocate the Wing Kei vision, mission and core values
• Design, document and implement effective processes to support the fund development and related programs/ initiatives to maintain donor base and grow existing donor sources
• Collaborate with multidisciplinary team members to enhance donor experience
• Build and maintain good relationships with government agencies, developing knowledge and expertise on success factors for various grant applications
• Research and assist in completing proposals to meet funding applications before deadlines
• Maintain accurate donor database records and related data; regularly analyze and report• Assist with media relations and the maintenance of media database
• Plan, coordinate and promote external and internal events such as Wing Kei's annual Walkathon, Charity Golf fundraising events, and other events as assigned
• Assist with media relations and the maintenance of media database
• Other assigned special projects and programs of Wing Kei as needed
THE INDIVIDUAL WHO WILL SUCCEED
• Is aligned with a culture where people and integrity matters
• Thrives in a growing organization, remaining positive in attitude through temporary challenges
• Has a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university; post-secondary education in communications, marketing, events planning, public relations, journalism or equivalent experience.
• Professional experience in fundraising with a track record of success would be considered an asset
• Is able to develop and sustain strong interpersonal relationships; project leadership or program coordination experience would be ideal
• Possess excellent communication skills including business writing and proficiency with presentation software/materials; public speaking experience also an asset
• Skilled in engaging a wide audience using multimedia options, storytelling techniques, etc.
• Finds it easy to enjoy a variety of tasks, is self-motivated and disciplined to meet deadlines
• Has a proven track record of collaboration and teamwork, experienced in working with interdepartmental teams or people from a wide range of professional backgrounds
• Intermediate level of computer proficiency; including use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher (Design skills in InDesign, Photoshop, Corel Draw and/or Illustrator an asset