Rotating shifts including Weekdays & Weekends
7.5 hours per shift
Until suitable candidate found
Our workplace is one where staff can grow in a career that is meaningful and contributing to the community. Wing Kei’s staff and volunteers provide compassionate and individualized support for two age groups: seniors through on-site health and living care and since September 2020, for children and their families through our new Montessori School. As an organization, we adhere to high standards of care, repeatedly receiving Exemplary Standing with Accreditation Canada over the years.
Under the direction of the Supervisor, this position is accountable for the organization, preparation and delivery of food and supplies for meal service to residents. This includes providing a customer focused approach to food service delivery that is timely, safe, efficient, and cost effective.
- A Certified Food Handler or willing to gain certification within 60 days of commencing employment.
- Minimum 3 years proven institutional cooking experience.
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of quantity food production, and knowledge of sanitation and safety standards for food services area.
- Performs all duties in relation to the preparation, cooking, serving and distribution of food.
- Unpacks and restocks supplies.
- Maintains established food rotation in storage to minimize spoilage & waste.
- Maintains kitchen, kitchenettes & storage areas in orderly & sanitary manner.
- Performs cleaning duties.
- Training of Food Services Aides.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and observes all Food Services policies, procedures and standards of Wing Kei.
- Maintains good communication and interpersonal relationships with the public, residents, volunteers and other health care team members.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.