Under the supervision of the Director of Finance and Hospitality, or designate, the Facility Engineer Coordinator will be responsible for developing, maintaining, planning, directing and administering the assigned facility development projects within Wing Kei in compliance with relevant government legislations and standards, with due consideration of the resources available. You will also be working closely with the Maintenance Team on implementation of preventive and corrective maintenance programs for the facility to promote health and safety within the facility.
• Demonstrates, promotes and advocates the Wing Kei vision, mission and core values
• Performs regular exterior and interior building inspection.
• Ensures that the facility is maintained in a good operating condition and in compliance with relevant government legislations and standards, with due consideration of the resources available through effective implementation and monitoring of adequate technology and resources.
• Assists in the development and effective implementation of preventive and corrective maintenance programs within facilities
• Assists in the development and implementation of effective internal budgeting, expenditure and inventory control
• Assists in finding reliable sources for supplying goods and services • Provides coordination of contractor services in order to maintain good working order of facility equipment • Participates in meetings, in-services programs, and professional development to keep up-to-date with best practices in the field
• Participates in creating and maintaining a safe and healthy environment by understanding and following health and safety rules, regulations and practices
THE INDIVIDUAL WHO WILL SUCCEED
• Is aligned with Wing Kei’s vision and mission to continue to deliver excellence in seniors care
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with a Professional Engineer or equivalent professional status
• 3 to 5 years of related experience; experience in a supervisory role an asset
• Experience as project coordinator and knowledge of facility management and development procedures preferred
• Understanding of construction drawings, and computer and networking knowledge will be an asset
• Knowledge of legislations and relevant procedures regarding building standards, Emergency Responses, Occupational Health & Safety, Alberta Health Services Standards, Certificate of Recognition (COR) and facility/equipment maintenance
• Strong interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
• An analytical and problem-solving mindset
• Strong technical understanding of how to recognize opportunities for value creation
• Good oral and written communication skills in English; knowledge of Chinese an asset