Food Services Supervisor
8 hours per day, 5 days a week
April 25, 2022
Until suitable candidate found
Our workplace is one where staff can grow in a career that is meaningful and contributing to the community. Wing Kei’s staff and volunteers provide compassionate and individualized support for two age groups: seniors through on-site health and living care and since September 2020, for children and their families through our new Montessori School. As an organization, we adhere to high standards of care, repeatedly receiving Exemplary Standing with Accreditation Canada over the years.
Under the direction and supervision of the Director of Hospitality, or designate, the Food Services Supervisor is responsible for managing the operation of the Food Services Team on all sites. It provides hands-on supervision and leadership for the Food Services staff, including human resources management, and has the overall responsibility of organizing, ordering, production and delivery of food and supplies for meal service to residents. The Food Services Supervisor collaborates with other teams and stakeholders to ensure food quality and dining experiences, and to maintain the food service equipment and associated fixed assets, including maximizing the utilization of physical assets at Wing Kei, and ensures the provision of a safe work environment for all building occupants.
- Leads and manages performance of Food Services Team
- Manages day to day Food Services operations while maximizing overall benefit to Wing Kei, e.g. mindful of wise use of resources.
- Coordinates, distributes and evaluates food tasting panel results and annual Food Services Survey.
- Participates in food quality committee and food tasting panel to help improve menu and other food services functions and activities.
- Performs internal food services audit and help prepare external audit response.
- Coordinates orientation and in-service training of Food Services staff.
- Leads in the development and update of Food Services policies and standards based on government legislations and standards.
- Participates in creating and maintaining a safe and healthy work environment by understanding and complying with risk management policy for health and Safety rules, regulations and practices such as fire, emergency response training, WHMIS, data security and infection prevention and control.
- Supports, evaluates and corrects health and safety performances of Food Services Team Leaders and Food Services staff.
- Maintains good communication and interpersonal relationships with all teams, the public, residents, volunteers and other health care team members.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and observes all policies, procedures and standards of Wing Kei.
- Ensures that all required notices and documentations are properly/visibly posted and displayed as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
THE INDIVIDUAL WHO WILL SUCCEED
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Food Science or equivalent.
- Considerable experience in quantity food production, with supervisory experience in food production, preferably in a nursing home or care provider’s environment an asset.
- Proven leadership abilities in a high stress, high standard environment with diverse team members.