Part Time (0.2 FTE)
7.5 hours per shift Monday to Friday
Until suitable candidate found
Under the direction and supervision of the Director of Care and Clinical Manager, the Physical Therapist will be responsible for the assessment and care planning for the assigned residents, as well as for providing direction and guidance to the rehab assistants in carrying out the care plans.
- Demonstrates, promotes and advocates the Wing Kei vision, mission and core values
- Responsible for physical assessment, intervention and consultation of residents with physical limitation and complex neurological conditions
- Assesses residents for mobility, range, strength, balance and function.
- Designs rehabilitation programs to promote wellness, increased function and improved quality of life for the residents.
- Supervises and supports program assistants, and participates in planning and operations within the programs and the physiotherapy service.
- Responsible for documentation and MDS data entry.
- Plans and participates in education of residents, families, students and other providers.
- Maintains good communication and interpersonal relationships with the public, residents, volunteers and other health care team members.
- Participates in on-going trainings to ensure high standard of service and best practices in the field is achieved.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
THE INDIVIDUAL WHO WILL SUCCEED
- Is aligned with Wing Kei’s vision and mission to continue to deliver excellence in seniors care
- Completion of a recognized university degree program in Physical Therapy
- Active registration with the College of Physical Therapists/Physiotherapists in the province of Alberta
- Recent experience required
- Exhibits consistent critical thinking and problem solving
- Excellent organization and program management skills
- Possesses effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment
- The ability to communicate in Chinese is an asset
- Is resourceful, with a positive and flexible attitude
- Senior-focused related experience is a definite asset