8 hours per day, 40 hours per week
June 24, 2022
Under the direction and supervision of Director of Care, the Social Worker is responsible for supporting the pre-admissions, and for the provision of social support and counseling service to residents and their family members in Wing Kei.
- Demonstrates, promotes and advocates the Wing Kei vision, mission and core values.
- Responsible for Using professional case management practice, carries out intake assessment, service coordination, referrals, case conferencing and case monitoring.
- Provides supportive counseling to clients and their family caregivers on an individual and group basis.
- Coordinates with multidisciplinary team members to carry out and monitor resident care plan pertaining to social work support.
- Offers instrumental help to assist the client to resolve functional problems of daily living.
- Provides crisis intervention and short term assistance in addition to maintaining a caseload assignment.
- In consultation with the Director of Care, develops and implements policies pertaining to social work services.
- Participates in and contributes to multi-disciplinary team conference of Wing Kei.
- Works closely with the Director of Care in providing social work services to residents of Wing Kei.
- Maintains good communication and interpersonal relationships with the public, residents, volunteers and other health care team members.
- Participates in on-going trainings to ensure high standard of service and best practices in the field is achieved.
- Complies with risk management policy for health and safety, infection control, data security and WHMIS.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
THE INDIVIDUAL WHO WILL SUCCEED
- Is aligned with Wing Kei’s vision and mission to continue to deliver excellence in seniors care
- Completion of a recognized university degree program in Social Work, or equivalent.
- Active registration with the Alberta College of Social Workers
- Has a minimum of 2 years of experience in counseling or group work
- Exhibits consistent critical thinking and problem solving
- Excellent organization and program management skills
- Possesses effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment
- The ability to communicate in Chinese would be an asset
- Is resourceful, with a positive and flexible attitude
- Senior-focused related experience is a definite asset