Under the supervision of Director of Hospitality, the Special Projects Coordinator is in a unique position to support various projects related to Wing Kei’s operations and growth. Responsible for implementing assigned special projects and programs of Wing Kei which may include planning, coordination, research, analysis and leading the work of project team members.
• Demonstrates, promotes and advocates the Wing Kei vision, mission and core values
• Works independently or as needed, within a project team, to develop, maintain, plan, coordinate activities, research, analysis and/or administrative support of assigned projects/programs
• Develops knowledge of and communicates any compliance requirements related to relevant government legislations and standards as well as Wing Kei policies
• Manages project costs conscientiously
• Creates financial and statistical tools and reports using spreadsheets/database.
• Creates and organizes various documents and electronic information.
• As needed, develops training materials and/or provides training for the assigned projects.
• Arranges and participates in meetings, conferences and project team activities.
• Researches and investigates information to enable strategic decision-making by others.
• Spearheads planning, analysis, and documentation of related business processes
• Maintains communication with multidisciplinary team, scheduling, sourcing, contacting vendors
• Communicates and provides information internally and externally to assist and enable organizational operations and effective service to connecting groups
• Interprets instructions and issues arising, and then implements actions according to administrative policies and procedures
• Maintains good communication and interpersonal relationships with the public, clients, residents, volunteers and other health care team members
• Ensures policies are up to date in accordance with best practices used in the industry and provides support in ensuring a safe and healthy environment is maintained
THE INDIVIDUAL WHO WILL SUCCEED
• Is aligned with a culture where people and integrity matters
• Thrives in a growing organization, remaining positive in attitude through temporary challenges
• Has a Business Administration Certification or equivalent; bachelor's degree from an accredited university preferred
• Has prior proven experience in an administrative position
• 1-3 years of work experience in a supervisory role preferred
• Demonstrates the ability to exhibit consistent sound judgment, identify potential and existing problems and create effective solutions to address them following appropriate analysis
• Is eager to grow and learn, willing to be flexible with pace of work
• Ability to deal proactively with change; creative and innovative
• Is self-motivated and disciplined to meet deadlines
• Has a proven track record of collaboration and teamwork, experience working with interdepartmental teams with proven effective communication skills including business writing
• Intermediate level of computer knowledge including use of Microsoft Words, Excel and PowerPoint etc
• Knowledge of government legislations and relevant procedures regarding health care a definite asset