- Opportunities to assists in the planning, implementation and evaluation of the Summer Recreational/Rehab Projects to enhance residents engagement and their life enrichment;
- Participates in meetings and discussions on enhancing the effectiveness of the projects to improve residents' health and quality of life;
- Assists to create and implement activities that enable greater residents engagement;
- Conduct therapeutic recreational/therapeutic rehab activities under supervision of Recreational Therapist/Occupational Therapist.
Successful candidates will be in an undergraduate health/therapeutic program or equivalent; work experience in a long-term care setting an advantage; excellent computer skills; well-developed interpersonal and communication skills; ability to prioritize work and work independently in a team setting; good documentation skills.
This is a government funded position. To be considered for the position you must meet below criteria to be eligible for funding:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- A Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or protected person under the Canadian Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and legally entitled to work and study in Canada; International students and Temporary Foreign Workers are not eligible;
- Resides and/or attends school in Alberta with an Alberta address;
- Returning to school no later than November 1, 2019;
- Must be enrolled in a program that will result in a Certificate, Diploma, or Degree. Technical training for Apprenticeship is not eligible;
- Is available for full-time summer employment;
- Participates in only one funded position during the summer.
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations;