- Assist in the day-to-day administrative office operation and opportunities to assist in planning, implementation and evaluation of various Summer Projects, including Fundraising Events and various Quality Improvement Projects such as Facility Improvement Projects, Occupational Health & Safety Related Projects, Best Practice Research Projects etc;
- Creates, collect resources and organizes various documents and electronic information for the projects;
- Liaises with various parties regarding the projects;
- Assists in arranging and participates in meetings and activities regarding the projects.
Successful candidates will be in an undergraduate Business Program or Communication studies (or equivalent); work experience in a non-profit organization an advantage; experience with MS offices and effective data entry & documentation skills; well developed interpersonal and communication skills; ability to prioritize work and work independently in a team setting.
This is a Summer Temporary Employment Program (STEP) funded position. To be considered for the position you must meet below criteria to be eligible for funding:
- at least 15 years of age, by the STEP position start date;
- A Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or protected person under the Canadian Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and legally entitled to work and study in Canada; International students and Temporary Foreign Workers are not eligible for STEP;
- Resides and/or attends school in Alberta with an Alberta address;
- Returning to school no later than November 1, 2019;
- Must be enrolled in a program that will result in a Certificate, Diploma, or Degree. Technical training for Apprenticeship is not eligible;
- Is available for full-time summer employment;
- Participates in only one STEP position during the summer;
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations