Under the supervision of Director of Hospitality, or designate, the Receptionist will work within the mission, vision and values of Wing Kei. This position provides courteous, efficient and informative telephone and reception service for Wing Kei, and administrative support to the Administration office.
- Provides courteous, efficient and informative telephone and reception service for Wing Kei, promoting a positive image of Wing Kei.
- Provides courteous services to the public, residents, volunteers, staff members, and other health care team members regarding inquiries and information. Gives a description of Wing Kei to those who show interest in it, and distributes hand-outs about all care services.
- Assists in the channeling of all incoming mail and fax to the appropriate parties efficiently and accurately. Processes outgoing mail.
- Coordinates room booking for meetings and functions. Safe keeping of keys.
- Provides clerical services to all departments as directed.
- Serves as help desk for staff members on usage of phone system.
- Handles and records petty cash and receipt of miscellaneous payments accurately. Ensures safe custody of receipts and maintains accurate record of fees, ticket sales and expenditures.
- Ensures that the Reception area and lobby are kept neat and tidy, and that information pamphlets are current and adequate.
- Ensures all main floor’s doors, rooms, fridge and cabinets in kitchenette, and drawers in the reception area are safely locked after work.
- Maintains good communication and interpersonal relationships with the public, residents, volunteers, staff members and other health care team members.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and observes all policies, procedures and standards of Wing Kei.
- Participates in creating and maintaining a safe and healthy work environment by understanding and following health and Safety rules, regulations and practices such as fire, emergency response training, WHMIS, data and building security and infection control.
- Participates in in-service programs and professional development.
- Keeps up-to-date with developments and best practices in the field.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
THE INDIVIDUAL WHO WILL SUCCEED
- High school completed; secretarial training an asset.
- Minimum 1 year receptionist or secretarial experience.
- Good data entry skills and knowledge of MS Office; knowledge of Chinese word processing, an asset.
- Good interpersonal skills with pleasant and friendly manner.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Good oral and written communications skills in Chinese, an asset.