Recreational Assistant (ADP)
Casual, may lead to Part time
6.5 hrs per shift on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays
Until suitable candidate found
Our workplace is one where staff can grow in a career that is meaningful and contributing to the community. Wing Kei’s staff and volunteers provide compassionate and individualized support for two age groups: seniors through on-site health and living care and since September 2020, for children and their families through our new Montessori School. As an organization, we adhere to high standards of care, repeatedly receiving Exemplary Standing with Accreditation Canada over the years.
Under the direction and supervision of the Director of Care and Clinical Manager, you will support the Adult Day Program and its activities, by providing companionship and care to seniors’ physical, and emotional needs in accordance with Wing Kei’s Person and Family Centred Care framework, aligned with our vision, mission and core values.
- Demonstrate, promote and advocate the Wing Kei vision, mission and core values
- Deliver personal care and assist with daily living and personal hygiene activities
- Assists in nursing process – observes, documents and reports changes in clients’ physical and emotional condition to provide input into care plans; assists in medication delivery
- Assists the ADP Coordinator in the implementation and evaluation of recreation programs according to resident/client needs by encouraging and getting clients to participate in recreation and social activities. Provides feedback to the ADP Coordinator.
- Provides cognitive, social and emotional support to clients and encourage clients’ engagement in programs that improve their quality of life
- Maintains effective communication, good relationship and collaboration with clients, families, significant others and other team members.
- Provides job shadowing or mentorship to members of the health care team or students, as assigned
- Participates in team/facility meetings. Participates in team and client and family council meetings, provides input in problem solving process.
- Participates in on-going trainings to ensure high standard of service and best practices in the field is achieved
- Performs other related duties as assigned
THE INDIVIDUAL WHO WILL SUCCEED
- Is aligned with Wing Kei’s vision and mission to continue to deliver excellence in seniors care
- Completion of a recognized Therapy Assistant Program, Diploma in Social Services or Recreation or has field related experience
- Experience working in an Adult Day Program preferred
- Is diligent with good observation skills, keen attention to details
- Is cheerful, energetic and resourceful; has a strong interest in leisure and wellness activities
- Is respectful for clients and their family members, as well their rights and privacy, and properties
- Is committed to perform and promote effective work practices and safety awareness
- Possess effective verbal and non-verbal skills to communicate with clients and interdisciplinary teams; ability to communicate in Chinese would be an asset
- Good physical fit and ability to assist in resident transfers and move equipment